2. What is a personal information?
3. What kind of person information are you collecting on me?
- You give it to us directly.
- We get it automatically as you use our websites.
- Your email address – we collect this when you register an account, or opt-in for any of our services or products on the website.
- Your contact information – including name, address, and phone number. We collect this at the time you create your account.
- Your technical data – including your IP address, location, web browser information, and operating system being used. We collect this automatically through Google Analytics. This information is anonymous, and your name is not connected to it.
- Your purchase history – including the names of products you purchased, price you paid for it, and date of the transaction. We do not keep or store any credit card information, as that data is processed through either Apple Pay, Stripe, or PayPal.
- Your comments and participation in blog posts and discussion forums.
- Your user avatar – optional to upload and delete on your account page.
4. What rights to I have through the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
A. What rights do I have under the GDPR?
You have rights regarding your personal information, including the right to:
- access your information
- change or correct your information
- erase your information
- restrict our use of your personal information under certain circumstances
- obtain your personal information in portable form
- object to our use of your personal information under certain circumstances
- not be subject to profiling that has legal effects on you
B. What is your lawful basis for using my personal information?
There are a couple of reasons we believe we are allowed to collect, use, and store your personal information under the GDPR.
With your consent. When you directly give us personal information for a certain purpose or otherwise express your consent, we can use that personal information for that certain purpose. If you consent for us to do so, we may use your personal information to, for example:
- display your public profile;
- personalize and improve the advertisements displayed to you on our website;
- send you our marketing emails;
- send you email confirmations of purchase.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you would like to revoke your prior consent to any of these uses.
For our legitimate interests. However, we do not always need your express consent to use your information. We can use your personal information as needed for our legitimate interests, so long as those interests do not conflict with your fundamental privacy rights and freedoms. These legitimate interests include:
- improving the presentation, operation, and experience of our services;
- evaluating and updating our technical infrastructure; and
- monitoring and improving the information security of our websites.
By contract. A contract also creates a basis for using your information. By accepting our Terms of Service, a contract is formed between us and you so that we may provide you our services. We can use your personal information as needed to provide our services to you under that contract.
Law, protection, or the public good. We can also use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, protect the vital interests of our users, and as needed for the public good. This may include using your personal information to prevent and handle potential fraud, security breaches or other prohibited activities.
5. How long do you store my information?
Who do you share my personal information with?
Our “partners” are the organizations and people that we work with to better provide our services. As needed, we may send your information to our partners to help us communicate with you, provide customer support, or process your payments to us. Your information may be stored on our partners’ servers inside or outside of the U.S. Below is a list of our partners.
- WordPress – the website platform we use to build the site. If you log into the commenting system with your WordPress account, your avatar picture is pulled from your WordPress account and stored on your LegacyNation.life account page.
- USPS – our shipping service. When shipping a package to your address, your location information will be shared with the United States Postal Service (USPS).